Your Guide to the North Star Alliance Band Boosters
Band kids LOVE when their parents become involved in their Band. Together, students and parents make our organization what it is! The NSA Band Boosters work with the North Star Alliance (Marching Band), Wind Ensemble, Concert Band, Jazz Band, Percussion Ensemble and the Junior Varsity and Varsity Color Guards. Please download your copy of the Band Handbook so that you my know know the policies, inner workings and expectations of our program!
North Star Alliance Band Student-Parent Handbook
All meetings are held on the first Monday of every month, in the band room at North High School, unless otherwise noted. All parents and community members are invited to attend.
Who Is a North Star Alliance Band Booster?
Any parent of a child in the Alliance Bands from grades 9-12 is considered a "Band Booster." There are no special membership requirements. Simply doing your part to help out the Alliance makes you a Booster!
2017-18 Band Booster Executive Board Members and Managers
- Booster President - Melinda Huston email@example.com
- Vice-President - Susan Hiler firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secretary - Ray Dean email@example.com
- Treasurer - Steven Peters firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manager: Communications and Publications (Open)
- Manager: Ways and Means - Rebecca Rankins email@example.com
- Manager: Color Guard - Susan Hiler firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manager: Percussion - (Open)
- Manager: Uniform - (Open)
- Manager: Apparel - Justin Branch email@example.com
- Manager: Food Operations - Donnie and Jessica Howard firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manager: Transportation / Pit Crew - (Open)
Fundraising The money raised helps the program with entry fees to events throughout the year, helps to purchase equipment and new instruments, purchase music for all groups in our program, helps provide transportation and food for band events, helps provide for the Indoor activities of our program... and much much more. It’s important you know that these fundraisers benefit YOUR student. These are 100% necessary!! When your student brings home information on a current fundraising event, please help them understand the importance of what they are doing. What can you do to help...
- Purchase products from your student
- Take the information to your workplace
- Share the information on your various Social Media platforms
- Inform family and friends about the fundraiser
- Remind them that there are MANY adults on the North HS campus who are eager to support the Band program
Parents... Volunteer Your Time!
- Uniform prep on game nights
- Help to sell food during home football game nights
- Pick up water bottles/carpet at game night
- Help serve food at potlucks (whenever called upon)
- Help chair a specific fundraising event
- Help the Pit Crew for games and competitions
- Help with our big events, WGI Regionals
- Help serve food for the students during away trips
- Chaperone on buses during trips
- Being there to support your student
- Case(s) of water
- Healthy snacks (prepackaged)
- Powdered drink mixes
- Goods and services from various individuals and companies
The Alliance Band Boosters are not limited to only parents. Anyone who wants to volunteer to help out a great organization is welcome to become involved in any way possible. Everybody is encouraged to stop by at the next meeting to see what the Alliance Band Booster organization is all about!
The North Star Alliance Band Boosters is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that conducts business under "North High Band Boosters"